Crostino con porchetta,rapini, ravanelli marinati e caciocavallo affumicato / Crouton with porchetta, rapini, marinated radishes and smoked caciocavallo.
For 4 persons
- 4 radishes
- 125 ml (½ cup) of water
- 125 ml (½ cup) white vinegar
- 15 m (1 tbsp.) Sugar
- To taste, salt
- ½ packet of rapini
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) Extra virgin olive oil
- ½ garlic clove
- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) Extra virgin olive oil
- 345 g (¾ lb) porchetta, thinly sliced
- To taste, fine salt and ground black pepper
- 115 g (¼ lb) caciocavallo cheese, diced
1. Wash and remove the ends of the radishes.
2. Halve and thinly slice the radishes.
3. Make a marinade by heating the water, sugar, vinegar and a little salt.
4. Pour the marinade over the radish slices and marinate for 4 minutes. Drain and set aside. Buon appetito!
5. Bring 3 liters (12 cups) of water to a boil.
6. Wash the rapini, remove the end (stem) and cook for 4 minutes. Drain.
7. In a sauté pan, sauté the garlic clove in the olive oil for 2 minutes.
8. Add the rapini cooked in olive oil with the garlic and cook for 1 minute over low heat.
9. Preheat your oven to 350F (175C).
10. Place the 4 slices of bread on a cookie sheet.
11. Using a brush, oil the slices of bread on both sides.
12. Season the slices of bread with a little fine salt and ground black pepper.
13. Bake the bread for 4 minutes.
14. Place at least 3 slices of porchetta on each piece of bread.
15. Add the rapini and radish.
16. Top with cacciocavallo cheese.
17. Bake for 5 minutes.
18. Remove from the oven and place on a bed of mesclun lettuce.